Updated On — 14th Jan, 2021
The table saw is a great tool and it allows you to complete a number of woodworking tasks. However, this is also one of those tools that end up causing serious injuries. With a table saw push block you will be able to reduce the chances of the accidents happening. You will achieve accurate cuts, without compromising on your safety.
There are so many different types and styles of push blocks. As such, you may not be able to make the right decision chose Best Pocket Chainsaw. I have done some extensive research and I will share with you how you can buy the right block for your table saw.
Why did Table saw Push Block and Its Advantages?
The table saw push block is one of the best safety accessories that you can use with a number of power tools. This is different from the push sticks as you will just need a single block and not several sticks. Push blocks are made from blocks of wood, which are quite thick and they will have a handle to hold down the workpiece.
The main advantage is that you will be able to make accurate cuts while protecting your hands. This allows you to push the work piece through the blade conveniently. When using a table saw for push block, you will achieve clean and accurate cuts and not at the expense of your safety.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Table Saw Push Block On the Market In 2021
- 2 01. GRR-RIPPER 3D Pushblock for Table Saws, Router Tables, Band Saws, and Jointers by MICROJIG
- 3 02. MLCS 9167 Safety Push Block and 5-Piece Stick Package
- 4 03. Gripper(TM) 200 Advanced System with 1/8
- 5 04. POWERTEC 71009 Safety Push Block and Stick Package, 5-Piece
- 6 How to Choose the Perfect Push Block?
Best Table Saw Push Block On the Market In 2021
Anytime you go to the market to buy a table saw push block, you may be confused by the various models available. With the reviews below, I have made it easier for you to be able to pick a push block that will serve your needs, efficiently.
|GRR-RIPPER 3D Pushblock for Table Saws, Router Tables, Band Saws, and Jointers by MICROJIG||MICRO JIG||Prime||Buy Now|
|MLCS 9167 Safety Push Block and 5-Piece Stick Package||MLCS||Prime||Buy Now|
|Gripper(TM) 200 Advanced System with 1/8||MICROJIG||Prime||Buy Now|
|POWERTEC 71009 Safety Push Block and Stick Set | 5 Pack | Ergonomic Handles with Max Grip | Push blocks and Sticks for Table Saw, Jointers and Woodworking | for Woodworker Safety & Control||POWERTEC||Prime||Buy Now|
01. GRR-RIPPER 3D Pushblock for Table Saws, Router Tables, Band Saws, and Jointers by MICROJIG
Whether you are professional or a hobbyist, the GRR-Ripper 3D is one of the best push blocks that you can come across. You will actually feel safer when working with your table saw, with this push block. This model comes with 3 directions of force, which are meant to give you the best protection. The downward direction force is critical as this will prevent any form of kickbacks. The inward force holds the stock down, while the forward force controls the feed rate to the blade.
This push block also comes with 3 legs and this will dictate the direction force. The good thing with this model is that it assures you of the best protection and it comes with built-in support. This offers you exceptional stability and all the cuts that will be made will be accurate. Even with the very small cuts, you will be able to use this push block and not worry about injuries.
The GRR-Ripper 3D gives you the liberty of making adjustments to the angle and the handle to suit your comfort. You can use the table saw with this table saw push block to make rip cuts of ¼ inches. You will achieve this cut with a lot of accuracies and no need to adjust the fence. It is an adjustable push block and quite versatile. You can use it on plastic, aluminum and wood materials as well.
GRR-ripper 3d push block Features
- There 3 directional forces that you will get with this model, downward, inward and forward force movement.
- The downward direction force will prevent any cases of kick pack as the workpiece will be firmly held down, without any wavering.
- This model is fully adjustable and as such, it is quite versatile and can be used with different types of materials and surfaces.
- Besides the table saw, this push block can be used with band saws, jointers, routers and so many other tools.
- You can make rip cuts that as thin as ¼ inches when using the push block as it comes with a moving blade guard protection.
02. MLCS 9167 Safety Push Block and 5-Piece Stick Package
One of the things that you should never compromise on when looking for a push block for safety. When you are assured of your safety, you will be able to execute amazing cuts. The MLCS 9167 is one type of push block, which will give you the best safety that you can ever think of. This is a very light model as it only weighs 2.2 pounds and this allows you to handle the push block easily.
This comes as a set with 5 pieces, which makes it quite comprehensive and it will serve your needs in the best way. Using this model you will hold down your workpiece firmly and take it through the blade to achieve the desired cuts. You can use the saw with different saws and other tools for various applications. The model has rubber pads which you will use and achieve a firm grip on the workpiece that you hold down.
The notch-stick has a slender profile and this will be ideal when you need to cut very thin pieces of stock. This is a push block that has been designed to keep your hands at a safe distance from the table saw cut blade. It is made of heavy-duty plastic, which makes it strong and durable.
MLCS Safety Push Block Features
- The MLCS 9167 push block comes with rubber pads that will give you an amazing and firm grip when holding down the workpiece.
- You can use the block for various tasks and applications as it comes with 5 different pieces.
- The shape of MLCS 9167 will ensure that your hands are at a safe distance and will allow you to hold down the work piece while pushing it through the blade.
- This model is made of heavy duty plastic that is of high quality so as to ensure longevity and solid construction.
- There is a notch-stick, which has a slim profile and this is useful when you need to make cuts on thin pieces of wood.
03. Gripper(TM) 200 Advanced System with 1/8
If you are looking for an advanced table saw push block, then the Gripper(TM) 200 is a great option to consider. This is one of the best accessories that you can use with different tools for your woodwork project. The good news is that this push block will work with Jointers, table saws, band saws as well as routers among other tools. You will get an assurance of quality cuts, without exposing your hands to risky injuries.
The Gripper(TM) 200 assures you of the best accuracy and ultimate control when you are making cuts. You will not risk your hands coming into contact with the cutting blades. There a number of components that can be adjusted on this model and are also detachable. This makes it convenient as you can control its functionality. You are fully assured of your safety and can use the push blocks to make cuts that are up to 1/8 inches thin.
The Gripper(TM) 200 comes with a 1/8 inches leg, which makes it efficient in offering protection. There are non-slip pads that are grooved onto this model and these will give you a firm and secure grip when guiding your workpiece. The adjustable spaces will give you versatility and enhanced control when working with the stabilizing plates.
Gripper Push Block Features
- The Gripper(TM) 200 has an adjustable spacer that works with the stabilizing plate to give you more functionality.
- This is a model that comes with several components that can be detached and adjusted to suit your needs.
- The non-slips pads that are included will give you great power to hold down the workpiece and guide it through the cutting blade.
- You have the option to choose between the right and the left tunnel depending on your preference.
- The Gripper(TM) 200 has a center leg balance support and this allows you to make cuts at different angles without compromising on your safety.
04. POWERTEC 71009 Safety Push Block and Stick Package, 5-Piece
Last but not least, I want to bring to your attention to the POWERTEC 71009, which is quite versatile. This comes as a safety block and sticks package with 5 pieces. You will be able to get enhanced protection with this tool when you are making cuts on your workpiece. All the features that are included in this model are meant to give you the utmost protection.
There is one long push block and 2 others that are shorter and this is part of what you get in this package. This allows you to choose the right type of push block depending on the type of project that you have at hand. In addition, you will also get a push stick and a V-stick, which means that there is no project that you will not be able to handle.
The ergonomic design of the POWERTEC 71009 is what has made it be ranked as the best option for both DIY enthusiasts as well as professional woodworkers. There are rubber soles that have been included and this is efficient in holding down the workpieces when guiding them through the blade. This is a great set to have and it eliminates any dangers and risks that may arise when using the table saw.
POWERTEC Safety Push Block Features
- The POWERTEC 71009 is a great push tool that will prevent dangers like kickbacks and other issues that may affect your safety.
- It comes in orange color and this makes it easy to maintain visibility when you are making cuts.
- The POWERTEC 71009 comes as a set with 5 pieces which include 2 short blocks, a long push block, a V-stick block as well as a push stick.
- It is made of high-quality plastic, which makes it long-lasting and durable.
- The rubber soles will hold down the stock, firmly when you are cutting and this ensures accurate cuts.
How to Choose the Perfect Push Block?
There are so many types of push blocks that you will find on the market. In order to make the right decision and buy the right table saw push block, there are some factors that you should consider. With the right push block, you will enjoy a whole lot of safety and neat cuts. Here are some of the key considerations that you should bear in mind when shopping for push blocks:
- Quality of Construction
We have already established that most of the times the push blocks will be made of thick wood blocks. It is worth noting that there are different materials that are also used in making the blocks. You should ensure that the construction is solid such that you can be able to apply the required amount of pressure on the workpiece without breaking it. The construction is what ensures that you achieve the safety that should be given by the blocks.
- Features Included
You can easily make a push block in your home and start using it. However, this may not be as effective as buying professional ones. When looking for a push block, pay attention to the features so as to establish that you are getting the best protection. Check out the handle as well as the other features that are included in the push block. Besides the basic features, check if there are any additional features that are included and what role they play. This ensures that you will only pay for the features that are necessary.
- Compatibility with Table Saw
There are some push blocks that will work well with some types of table saws. You should ensure that you are getting a model that works well with your table saw. Please note that the push blocks may be used with other tools as well and as such, it is best to find one that is versatile and can be used with different types of tools.
- Consider the Design
The overall functionality of the table saw will be determined by the design. You need a push block that will be able to hold down the workpiece, with minimal effort. The design should also be such that it does not end damaging the stock when holding it down. Look for a model which will fit into your hands perfectly and has an ergonomic grip.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I have to buy a grab block separately?
A: In most cases, a good number of models come with a grab block. As such, it depends on the type of push block that you choose to buy. In the event that you do not have one, you can buy a grab block, which will attach to your push block.
Q: When using the push block, do I need to remove the blade guard?
A: Yes, if you want to use the push block effectively, you will need to remove the blade guard from your table saw. This is what gives you the space that will allow you to hold down the workpiece.
Q: Do the rubber soles of push blocks wear out and can I replace them?
A: Definitely, the rubber pads will eventually wear out. However, the time it takes for them to wear out will depend on the frequency of use. The good news is that you can easily replace them. All you need is to find the right soles for your push block.
Q: What is the right size of the legs on a push block?
A: The right sizes of the legs for your push block will depend on your needs. When shopping for a push block the common leg sizes are ¼, ½, and 1/8 inches. There are advanced push models that come with the 3 leg sizes.
Q: What is the best way to use my push block?
A: Since there are different types of push blocks, you will get details on how to use them from the manufacturer. There are some that come with instructional videos as well. Before using a push block, you should ensure that you know how to use it.
Push blocks are some of the key accessories that you should ensure that always have. The blocks will ensure that you are making clean and accurate cuts, but most importantly, without compromising your safety. I believe that you have learned valuable things and you can choose the right push block to use. From the models that I have reviewed, I recommend the GRR-RIPPER 3D Pushblock for Table Saws. This is the best table saw push blocks that come as a package with 5 pieces. If you have found this guide to be informative and useful, please share it with your friends and loved ones.